Sunshower Sprinklers is hiring a full time service manager.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual that can lead, grow and share in the profits of our service department. Sunshower Sprinklers has been installing and servicing irrigation systems in the Winnipeg area with care and quality since 1994. Reporting to the President, the service manager will be responsible for the fully functioning service department of 2 schedulers and 3-12 service technicians operating out of our new office in Oak Bluff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for all aspects of the service department staff.
• Communicate with our larger customers and schedule our technicians to service them
• Train and assist our schedulers in the office and interact with our bookkeeper.
• Addressing and resolving customer service issues as quickly as possible.
• Develop and implement strategies on how to increase our service revenue and profits. To do this you will implement or improve upon our existing processes. For instance: Training program, present process of scheduling service calls, quality control, compensation packages for techs and office staff, collections of billed invoices, vehicle fleet management and inventory control. Always looking for process improvements to improve quality, productivity and the customer experience.
• Market our company to new and existing service customers.
• Participate in the hiring and releasing of office or field staff.
• Assists in preparation of annual business plans for Service Operations, including forecasting profit/loss.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience in managing a team of people
• You will have working knowledge of Quickbooks, and will train on our scheduling software.
• Landscape and irrigation knowledge is an asset but not required. Through training you will learn the basics of irrigation and then will be expected to interpret a customers description of an irrigation issue and translate into clear instructions for technicians
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Must have good computer skills and be strong with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be able to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and have excellent conflict resolution and communication skills.
• Strong leadership, managerial/supervisory, team development and coaching skills are required.
• Customer service driven.
Compensation package will have a base of pay of $44,000/ year, plus bonuses of $2,000-$35,000 based on the profits within the service department. We want you to succeed as our company succeeds. Benefits will consist of a company cell, laptop, vacation and holiday pay. Our season and our service manager will be very busy from spring to fall and enjoy a flex schedule in the winter months as we prepare for the next irrigation season. In the winter months we will attend irrigation and software training conferences with a focus on having some fun and learning.
All interested candidates please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Jeff Southam, President