Grow your business. Join Manitoba Nursery Landscape Association.
To develop and promote the landscape and horticultural industry in Manitoba
Code of Conduct
- To dedicate myself and my business to the advancement of all matters aiding the development and improvement of my vocation and the industry.
- To conduct myself and my business in a fair and just manner at all times, and to condemn unfair trade practices.
- To practice fundamental honesty, which is the foundation of all worthwhile endeavours.
- To advance my education as a professional in the landscape and nursery industry.
- To make no false claims in advertising my products or services.
- To foster every movement toward a higher standard in growth, installation and care of landscape products & services so that the consumer will be offered only true to name, first quality products and services.
The Manitoba Nursery Landscape Association, MBNLA, is a provincial association dedicated to advancing the interests of horticulture and landscape professionals. MBNLA is a non-profit organization whose members are businesses and individuals committed to promoting awareness of environmental horticulture and upholding the highest standards of the nursery and landscape industry.
The Manitoba Nursery Landscape Association formed in 1957 when a number of forward-thinking “Nurserymen” as they called themselves, after a series of meetings, over a number of years, decided to form an association which would be a means of “helping each other and providing assistance to others”. As part of this process, they identified advantages to be gained as the result of the formation of a Nurseryman’s Association. Not much different than today, the advantages identified were networking and sharing of information, education and research, “trade practice rules”, publicity and government advocacy.
Aware of the ever-changing needs of the industry, the association has expanded its reach to include other segments of the industry to include landscape contractors and designers, retail garden centres and greenhouses, and maintenance companies.
Being a member of any group, association or organization has its benefits. MBNLA is no different. By joining MBNLA and by extension the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association provides you with individual benefits and advantages as the result of being part of a larger group. Whether it be member savings programs, networking, advocacy or education the more members in the group the better leverage both politically and financially that the group has which benefits you the individual.
Become part of something big! Join MBNLA and stay connected with experts, business owners and tradesman throughout the industry.
Members of MBNLA can enjoy many benefits including access to exclusive discounts, services, information and much more.
Grow & Learn
Membership with MBNLA gives you the opportunity to expand your knowledge of the industry with helpful information and expert advise.
- Available to organizations operating less than THREE years whose principal business is the production, sale, installation or maintenance of nursery stock in Manitoba, including both wholesale and retail products and services, consumer and business-to-business sales. Voting member.
- Available to organizations operating more than THREE years whose principal business is the production, sale, installation or maintenance of nursery stock in Manitoba, including both wholesale and retail products and services, consumer and business-to-business sales. Voting member.
- Available to businesses and organizations who supply materials and products to the horticulture and landscape industry that fall outside the active membership category. Voting member.
Affiliate / Horticultural
- Available to city/town, municipal districts, institutions or public departments providing horticulture or landscape services; educational institutions; private or public golf courses. Non-voting member.
- Available to individuals attending a full-time high school, vocational institute, college or university, or indentured in the Manitoba Provincial Apprenticeship Program. Non-voting member.
Out of Province
- Available to organizations engaged in the horticulture or landscape industry that do not have an office located in Manitoba and are current members of their local provincial or state association. Non-voting member.
- Available to teachers, media, government, parks and recreation employees, golf course employees and others allied to the horticulture and landscape industry. Non-voting member.