The Manitoba Nursery Landscape Association, MBNLA, is a provincial association dedicated to advancing the interests of horticulture and landscape professionals. MBNLA is a non-profit organization whose members are businesses and individuals committed to promoting awareness of environmental horticulture and upholding the highest standards of the nursery and landscape industry.
MBNLA employs a half time Executive Director to carry out the directives of the volunteer Board of Directors.
MBNLA is looking for a freelance designer/communications coordinator on a contract basis with the approximate number of hours required based on a total of 60 hours annually.
Hours per month or week will fluctuate with the months of May- September being relatively quiet with more activity occurring during the October- April time period.
Payment is made monthly following the submission of a detailed record of time spent on various tasks complete with an associated invoice.
- Update the Associations Word-press website
- Create/send Constant Contact emails when requested (content provided)
- Create canva.com design pieces
- Create and assemble four newsletters annually with content provided by the Board of directors (content provided)
- Social media responsibilities: o Manage/post the MBNLA Instagram, Linked In, and Facebook accounts (content provided)
- Experience with graphic design and digital arts
- Experience with, and the ability to maintain and update the Word Press website platform
- Experience with, and the ability to create Constant Contact e-mail communiques
- Experience with, and the ability to manage a variety of social media channels
- Experience with, and the ability to publish newsletters
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to respond to and act promptly on requests made by the Executive Director
- Reliable and up to date computer equipment
- Reliable internet connection
This position communicates and reports directly to the Executive Director. All applicants should submit a cover letter and resume complete with three references (two of whom must be work related) outlining how their skill set meets the needs of MBNLA. All inquiries and submissions related to the position should be sent to Rob Officer, MBNLA Executive Director at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is December 4, 2020. This position will commence early in 2021.