Alternative Garden Centre is hiring a Head Gardener to develop and execute the annual Grower’s Plan. This key lead position is responsible for outlining each season’s planting, resource requirements, and projected sales. They lead the team responsible for ensuring the crop is healthy, workspaces are maintained, and sales presentations are optimal.
• Experienced, talented, and motivated Greenhouse Grower
• Leader able to motivate, inform and involve your team
• Highly organized, detail oriented and enthusiastic
About the Job:
• You will oversee the day-to-day activities of the Growing team, including ensuring plant health, pest management, inventory, and records (i.e., growing techniques, production data, sales).
• Schedule staff, assign work, oversees, and motivate the team to achieve.
• Train team in growing and staging techniques and activities, product knowledge, customer service, and company policies and procedures.
About your experience:
• Production experience including planning, monitoring, interventions, and recording.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and software applications.
• Experience in a greenhouse grower/team leader role.
• This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with a competitive pay and benefits package.
• Remuneration will be based upon relevant experience and qualifications.
• Hours and days of work will vary seasonally; longer shifts and weekends required, as necessary.
Visit our website (www.alterantivelandscapingltd.com) for more information about our Alternative Choice Garden Centre and to apply or contact Sandy at 204-727-7289 ext 100 (email email@example.com) for more information.
Alternative Landscaping Ltd. is a local, family-run company that has been creating award-winning outdoor landscapes for more than two decades. We complete commercial and residential projects in landscaping, excavation, and maintenance and operate a year-round garden centre that services southwestern Manitoba. Constantly striving to provide “Superior Workmanship by People Who Care”, the Alternative Team works hard every day to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and create projects that will have a lasting impact in the region.