Livingstone Landscaping Ltd. is the largest Landscaping Firm operating in Southwestern Manitoba & Southern Saskatchewan, with our office based in the City of Brandon. We pride ourselves in our exceptional customer service and outstanding team of employees. We offer a rewarding, friendly environment with great health benefits and competitive wages.
Position Type: Full Time; Seasonal
Position Start: approx. April 2021
Reports to: Grounds Maintenance Manager
Purpose: The Grounds Maintenance Crew Member is responsible for the grass cutting, weed whacking and overall upkeep of properties. The employee is also responsible for completing grounds maintenance jobs of high quality and in an efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operation of a variety of grounds maintenance equipment such as: Ride-on mowers, push mower, line trimmers, hedge trimmer, truck w/trailer, backpack blower, bed edger, weed whackers
• Daily tasks may include, but are not limited to: mowing, line trimming, changing mower blades, debris pick up, bed edging, weed whack along fences & decks, etc.
• Complete Spring and Fall cleanups
• Hands-on work required with team members to complete projects
• Work effectively and efficiently
• Communicate with lead hand effectively for accurate completion of work
• Coordinating with Mechanic to maintain equipment, trucks, and trailers
• Follow training and promote the workplace best practices of installation, safety and company standards
• Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times
• Other duties as required
• Class 5 driver’s license and a clean driving record; Class 3F w/ Air an asset
• Experience hauling a trailer; an asset
• Ability to meet physical demands of the position; lift 50 pounds, perform manual labour
• Able to physically perform basic life operational functions including but not limited to: climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion.
• Ability to follow company Safety Procedures and recognize Job Hazards
• Motivated individual who is detail orientated with ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Must be available for seasonal long hours (Saturdays may be included); Punctual and dependable; Ability to work outdoors in all elements
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English
• Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and backgrounds
• A willingness to learn every aspect of landscape maintenance and installation by using different machines and tools and proper horticulture methods
To apply for any of our open positions, please visit the employment section of our website: www.livingstoneltd.com