Veert Landscaping Inc, a COR Certified Commercial Landscape, Concrete, and Asphalt contractor is seeking reliable and experienced “Construction Foreperson” for the 2023 construction season. In this position, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of Commercial and Residential landscape projects that are assigned to you.
Core capabilities and qualities of a successful applicant:
• Good attention to detail and quality
• Effective Communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work as a team
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to take and give direction
• Responsible and dependable
• A safe work mindset
• Strong ethics, and integrity
Successful applicants will have many duties and responsibilities. These include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure everyone in your crew works in a safe and efficient manner, and to report any unsafe work immediately
• Operate and maintain various tools and equipment including but not limited to: Skid steers, mini excavators, plate compactors, cut saws, and survey equipment.
• Direct and assist crew in the installation of hardscape materials including: sod, seed, trees, shrubs and perennials.
• Direct and assist crew in the installation of hardscape materials including: paving stone patios/driveways, retaining walls, concrete flatworks, structural concrete installations.
• Accurately read and interpret construction drawings and blueprints.
• Perform daily progress reports that are handed in at the end of each work day.
• Perform safety inspections and toolbox talks as required.
• Work with project stakeholders to ensure the project is delivered on time and meets all budget requirements
Requirements for this position are, but not limited to:
• Minimum of 3 years in the construction industry with at least 1 year in a leadership position
• Knowledge in the use of construction and landscaping tools and equipment to complete daily tasks including survey equipment, skid steers, cut saws, packers, mini excavators
• Must possess a valid class 3 license or better
• Must have own transportation
• Must have CSA approved steel toe work boots
• Must be available Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend work
• Hourly starting wage is $22/hour and up depending on experience
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews at this time