Business Development Manager (Winnipeg, MB) – SiteOne Landscape Supply
Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to prospect and develop new accounts, drive growth in existing accounts, and provide customer assistance and technical expertise to customers within the landscape, golf, greenhouse, and other green industries.
In This Role You Will
- Demonstrate great prospecting skills to identify new accounts and key decision makers
- Leverage all SiteOne resources and solution selling to expand margin dollars in under-penetrated accounts
- Manage a book of business consisting of 50-100 accounts.
- Grow minimum of $100k GM$ growth year over year
- Ensure that customers are aware of and fully utilizing all of SiteOne’s capabilities including SiteOne University, vendor support, and Partner’s Program
- Uses SiteOne Territory Alignment tools to prioritize and target focus accounts
- Work and communicate effectively with all relevant SiteOne resources including the Branch Manager, Sales Support Representatives, Line of Business Specialists, and store associates
- Report progress against opportunities to share verifiable outcomes
- Facilitate the placement of customer orders and monitors fulfillment process
- Maintain appropriate professional and technical knowledge
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems and developing solutions
- Travel within your territory to meet with customers
Skills We Are Seeking
- Presentation and communication skills
- Prospecting techniques to identify and create interest in new buyers
- Ability to work in an individual capacity as well as contribute as a member of the branch team.
- Ability to identify and plan for industry trends, line of business growth opportunities, and new market entry.
- Negotiation, conflict resolution, and customer service skills
- Proven approach to access decision makers at client organizations
- Knowledge of sales cycle and solution selling techniques
- Ability to communicate value proposition and differentiate SiteOne’s products and services
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and organized with the ability to think quickly and make decisions
- Drive to continuously improve industry and technical knowledge related to customer base
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and vehicle
Education and Experience
- High school, secondary diploma or equivalent required
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- 1-3 years min. experience in the Green industry or related field
- Previous sales experience is an asset
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Matched Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Paid Mileage
- Competitive Compensation
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Opportunity for paid tuition, continuous education, and training
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com or drop it off at SiteOne Landscape Supply, located 4-170 Murray Park Road in Winnipeg marked ATTENTION Kent Mulholland.
We appreciate all applicants, although only those candidates who qualify for an interview will be contacted.