Last winter, 11 Landscape Horticulturist apprentices returned to Red River College to complete their Level 3 technical training. This group started their Apprenticeship technical training in February 2015 with nine students and adopted a few apprentices who had suspended their schooling from previous years.
Manitoba’s Apprenticeship Program has successfully graduated all 21 Landscape Horticulturist apprentices who have completed the three levels to achieve their Certification. Students will receive their Inter-provincial Journeyman certificate and card once they have achieved all three of the requirements including passing the exam, completing the required hours of technical and on the job training, and completing three calendar years from the date of their Apprenticeship registration.
Manitoba Nursery and Landscape Association would like to thank the employers who sponsored this group. Please continue to support our academic programs to help promote the professionalism of our industry. We are very proud of all eleven apprentices who passed their Red Seal Certification exams and we wish to congratulate each of them.
- Taylor Beaudry: City of Winnipeg
- Garth Hull: Province of Manitoba (Legislative Grounds), grounds maintenance
- Rylan Irvine: Lemkey Landscape Design
- Nicole Last: City of Winnipeg
- Bradley Leganchuk: City of Winnipeg
- Eileen Page: The Grounds Guys, team leader
- Jacqui Smyth: City of Winnipeg, gardener 2
- Jennifer Sparling. City of Winnipeg (Natural Services Branch), technical assistant
- Crysross Sy: City of Winnipeg
- Nathan Szuck: Alladins Landscape Design
Good luck in your careers and your future contributions to this wonderful industry we get to work in.
For more information about the Landscape Horticulturist Apprenticeship program, please contact Manitoba Nursery Landscape Association or visit Apprentice Manitoba.