MBNLA’s strongest asset is our membership and our members’ willingness to share skills, knowledge and expertise. Put your talent into action by volunteering for a committee today.
Volunteering provides tremendous benefits including personal growth, professional development, building industry contacts and developing relationships with colleagues along the way.
EVENTS AND NETWORKING
Plans and organizes events to allow industry professionals to share information, allow businesses to meet with current and potential customers, and provide an experience that will help our member companies grow as businesses and individuals.
Identifies, researches, and addresses issues including supplying the Association with information regarding existing and/or developing issues that have a potential impact on the landscape and horticultural industry in Manitoba.
Identifies, researches, and evaluates existing and/or developing member services and programs and supply the Association with information on how best to communicate them to the membership.
Identifies, researches, and evaluates existing and/or developing professional development programs and communicate them to the membership.
Join a Committee
I am interested in joining an MBNLA Committee.
Broaden your horizons. Meet new people. Enhance your skills.
- Membership is open to those interested on a volunteer basis
- Committees are comprised of up to eight (8) members and include:
- six members at large
- a member of the Board appointed by the Board of Directors, as an ex-officio member
- the Executive Director as an ex-officio and non-voting member
- Members at large will be recruited from the general membership and appointed by the Board
- Term of appointment is two (2) years
- A member of the Committee appointed by the Committee
- Responsible for chairing meetings, reporting activities of the Committee to the Board, ensuring the meetings move forward in an efficient manner and that updates on Committee-related matters are provided to the Board as appropriate
- Meetings are convened on an ‘as need’ basis but no less than quarterly
- Meetings may be held on person or by telephone
- Quorum shall be a majority of the membership of the Committee