Board of Directors
Directors of Manitoba Nursery Landscape Association (MBNLA) commit themselves to ethical, businesslike and lawful conduct, including proper use of authority and decorum when acting as Board members. Accordingly, Directors must be able to represent unconflicted loyalty to the interests of all MBNLA members. This accountability supersedes any conflicting loyalty such as to advocacy or interest groups, and membership on other boards. It also supersedes the personal interest of any Director acting as a consumer of MBNLA’s services.
- The core competencies that ideally will be reflected in the Board as a whole are:
- Commitment and capacity (time, energy, expertise) to fulfill the commitment as a Director
- Knowledge about roles and responsibilities of a Director, Board and Staff
- Experience in formulating policy
- Experience in thinking strategically
- Business background and knowledge as an owner, manager or volunteer leader
- Ability to identify principal business risks and ensure implementation of appropriate systems to manage those risks
- Knowledge or organizational performance mechanisms and ability to monitor, evaluate and report
- Ethical and values based behavior
- Representative of member population
Individuals who are at least eighteen years of age, who have the power under law to contract, and who are a resident of Manitoba as that term is defined in the Income Tax Act (Canada) may be nominated for election as a Director. Employees or contract employees of MBNLA are not eligible to be nominated for election as a Director.